Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mommy's Birthday Daughter

I am not normally a very spiritual person; however, someone/thing out there gave me the best birthday present a girl could ask for... a daughter born 24 years (to the day) after I was born!  Throughout my entire pregnancy I had said "I hope I am not in labor on my birthday."  I love that we have something so special as a birthday to share together; however, I hope she never receives less gifts because someone spends money on a present for me as well rather than spending all of it on her.  As for the labor and delivery, I can't even remember being in pain just the first cry of my sweet angel.  A month before I found out I was pregnant I was fired from my job, had no health insurance and was going through a bankruptcy; needless to say I was quite depressed.  Her birth made my world turn back the way it should of been.  Being so depressed throughout pregnancy, I was of course worried I would have postpartum depression.  I believe her birth completely cured my depression; I have truly never felt happier.  I wonder how often children are born on their mothers birthday; I also wonder how often the birth of a baby cures a mother of her depression, I can't imagine the odds of either are very high.

No comments:

Post a Comment